Sunday, October 18, 2009


It was such a beautiful fall day that we decided to go out and take advantage of it. Snoqualmie Falls is just 15 minutes from my parents' home. It has been raining buckets over the last few days, so it was really full. This was actually the very first thing Spence and I did the first time he visited me here when we were dating.

Last weekend my Dad took me out on the Harley (so fun!) and we went further past the Falls and found a railroad and train museum. Basically, it's a bunch of rusty, busted up train cars on an old track. But I guess it's historical- so we headed there next.

I hope you can see from the pictures just how crappy these looked. Some even had plants growing out of them- right from the metal.

Our final stop was a giant tree trunk. I am not really sure what this thing is all about- there was no information board or anything. People in Washington just really like trees I guess.


As I am writing this post I am realizing- we really need to make some friends. Or our old friends can just move here and we can take them to these super-cool places in person.

2 comments:

Deedles said...

That is a massively huge tree trunk! Those falls are beautiful!

Glory Watts said...

I want to visit SO bad you have no idea! The falls are incredibly beautiful, i love it! What I really want to see though Ames, is a picture of you in all the pregnancy splendor! The one in front of the huge tree trunk is hard to see. I'm so happy we'll get to see you guys this Christmas. Love ya!