Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!


So the Sunday before Thanksgiving we woke up to an interesting sound. I actually thought it was puppies, so I looked out the window and saw 7 or 8 wild turkeys roaming around our parking lot! They gobbled and everything. I thought of them as I ate my Thanksgiving dinner- yum.


Thanksgiving was fun- Josh, Kara and Megan came up from Utah for the weekend. My parents were getting ready to move, so unfortunately we had to do some packing and stuff. Almen got a little carried away.
We went to Bellevue Botanical Gardens. If you are ever in the area around Christmas time, it's worth it. Actually it's free, so it's really worth it. They do up the whole place in Christmas lights but they make everything look like flowers and plants. It was really cool.



Our next stop was Snowflake Lane. Right in down town Bellevue they set up snowflake lights and decorations and stuff. Then every night at 7:00pm they have a bunch of toy soldier drummers. They pipe in music and the kids walk down the street and drum a long. It 'snows' and they hand out candy. We have gone the last few years and it's a fun way to start off the Christmas season.

No comments: