Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The big two-five

So last Thursday was my 25th birthday. I don't worry too much about getting older- I'm sure I may feel differently when I hit those bigger mile stones. But for now, I am just really enjoying the age I am and the stage I am at in my life. I had an awesome birthday. When I was growing up, my mom would decorate the kitchen with streamers and put all our presents out on the table so we could see them when we first woke up. Spencer has continued this tradition for me. In Spencer's family you get a special birthday breakfast- we continue that tradition as well. I absolutely love Rice Krispy Treats cereal and you can't find it here in Washington. My sweet husband bought me two boxes in Logan a few weeks ago and had been hiding them in the garage! I am easy to please. The day was great- Reese was awesome. My mom took me to lunch at Panera and we went shoe shopping. That evening when Spence came home from work he let me open all my presents- most of them were clothes (it is so nice to not have to accommodate a big pregnant belly.) He took me to a nice dinner at Coho Cafe and we came home and had ice cream sandwiches. It was a great day.

Then on Saturday it was sunny (Finally!) so we headed south to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. I love doing stuff like that. It was a gorgeous day and the Zoo is right up against Puget Sound (I think... I get a little mixed up with the bodies of water around here.) Our favorite things were the elephants, the snow leopard, the polar bears (Spencer had never seen one before!), the meerkats, and of course the Asian River Otters.


My not-favorite animal was this peacock. As many of you know, birds freak me out. Well, of course we were at the zoo all day so Reese needed to eat. So we found ourselves a nice spot in the sun on the grass to feed her and eat our picnic lunch. Well this peacock came out of no where and was just roaming free. It walked right in front of me- like 3 feet away. It was pretty and all, but I was kind of defenseless sitting there feeding my baby. Luckily it didn't attack me, and it walked off while being chased by someone's toddler. But other than that- it was a perfect birthday.

3 comments:

Blake and Holly said...

Happy Birthday Aim! I am glad you had a good one! I am terrified of birds as well.. haha! Your shirt is super cute and Reese is Darling!! Next time you are in Utah.. You'd better call so we can meet up and I can meet Reese~ :)

Deedles said...

Looks like a fun time! Happy birthday!

jhoopes said...

Happy birthday!! I still want to do something to celebrate. Hey, thanks for being friends with somebody who could have babysat you in our earlier years!! 25 is wonderful--and it really just gets better. :)