Monday, February 7, 2011

Be Happy



That was one of my goals last week. I have just been struggling lately and I shouldn't be. I have a wonderful husband, a sweet daughter and family who lives close by. I have several great friends (well, I have many but several within a 30 mile radius.) I live in an apartment that is safe and warm. I have a car to drive and food to eat. Spence has a great job that allows me to stay home and be a mom. I have a strong testimony and relationship with my Savior. But I have just been bumming out.

So last week my goals were to stay busy and be happy. I love staying at home with Reese and most days I make really good use of my time- working out, reading scriptures, keeping the house (relatively) clean and organized and working toward personal goals. But sometimes I don't. It's weird how when you have a lot of time on your hands, sometimes you just don't do anything because you don't have to. Then when you don't do anything you feel totally unaccomplished and depressed. I wish I was better at self motivating- I'm working on it.

So all last week I was happy- each and every day I found a million things to be happy about. A bird landed on my balcony and I got to watch it = happy. Reese figured out how to drink out of my Camelbak = happy. Spence cleaned up all the Superbowl dishes (and there were a lot of them) = happy. Reese did awesome at church yesterday = double happy. Al took 3rd in KingCo for wrestling = happy. I finished a really great book (Half Broke Horses) = happy. The list goes on and on and it's growing everyday.

I'm feeling much better and I'm going to keep working on it.

2 comments:

jhoopes said...

I hear ya--I am much more productive when I have a lot going on!! You know you are welcome over here ANYTIME you are looking for something to do... ;)

Meg said...

I don't know if it's just the time of year or what, but I've been feeling the same way. Thanks for sharing, glad I'm not alone :)