Monday, November 1, 2010

Circus Freaks



We decided that for Reese's first Halloween we wanted to have a theme to our costumes. We had several ideas but decided to be a circus family- The Ringmaster, a Lion and the World's Strongest Man. Spence did want Reese to be the Bearded Lady, but I said no. Reese and I dressed up for work and then we all dressed up for the Ward Halloween party where everyone asked Spence why he wasn't wearing a costume. He didn't really need the muscle suit, we just wanted him to be modest. Spence and I used Reese as our excuse to get some candy, which was nice but I ate way too much. We lit our pumpkins and enjoyed having some of the kids from the ward come Trick or Treating to our house Saturday night as we enjoyed dinner with some friends. All in all, it was a great Halloween. Now on to Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

Hi Amy! You don't know me, but I know Spencer. We were really good friends for a while. I stumbled across your blog and just had to tell you a few things. First of all Reese is ADORABLE!!! Such a cutie! Second, you are married to a very amazing man-as you already know. Spence is seriously one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I have a lot of fun memories with him and all his friends. Great guys! Third, you have got the sweetest mother in law in the world! :) Lori is such a sweetheart! Anyways, you already know all that. I'm happy I found you guys, I will probably continue to follow your blog to see the fun things your family is up to. Tell Spence I said hi!

Matt said...

You're dressing up for Thanksgiving?? Hard core!

Tierra said...

You guys are SO CUTE!!! I love the circus theme and I can't believe how big Reese is--love her!

jhoopes said...

I totally loved your costumes! And the whole Spencer staying modest thing made me LAUGH!! HA! :)

Meg said...

Oh my gosh!!! You guys look so great!! I'm glad you didn't dress Reese up as the bearded lady, she looks much better as a lion.

Deedles said...

How fun!!! I think it is way cute when families all dress up the same!