Friday, April 30, 2010

E is for Edna

We had another visitor this last weekend. It was actually quite the surprise. My Dad had driven down to Utah for the weekend to help my sister and Grandma Edna decided to ride home with him. I was so excited- I love this woman a lot and cherish any time that I get to spend with her. She absolutely fawned over Reese- and Reese loved her Great Grandma. Reese was actually the best behaved that I have ever seen here when Grandma was here.
We went into Seattle and met my Dad for lunch one day. It was so fun- we went to Cheesecake Factory (my favorite) then Dad walked Reese around his office to show her off. Everyone thought she was so cute- of course. This was my first visit to my dad's new office- he is on the 52nd floor right in downtown Seattle. The views were awesome- Seattle is a beautiful city and I love it here.

So this year my Grandma will be celebrating her 90th birthday. Look at her- isn't she amazing?! She still has her house and her car. She shovels her own snow (even though I beg her not too.) One of the things I miss most about living in Utah is being close to her- we are great friends. Grandma Edna is a fireball- she speaks her mind, but also has so much love and compassion for others. She came to visit of course to see the baby, but also because she has been dying for a ride on my Dad's motorcycle. She used to have one- and she wore leather pants! It has been years since she has been on one, so my Dad made one of her birthday wishes come true and took her for a ride. She came back with the biggest smile on her face. I hope I can be like her when I grow up. We love you Grandma Edna!!!

No comments: