Thursday, June 17, 2010

Whoops!




So I recently did something dumb- unintentionally of course. When we landed in Utah we went to rent a car. I'm 25 now, so my Dad was going to put me on as a driver. Well, when the nice man at Enterprise went to check my license he kindly informed me that it had expired on my 25th birthday! I figured it would be no big deal, I would just go and get a new one. Well, since it was a Utah license and I now need a Washington license, I have to take the written and the drive test! Not only that, but because my license is now invalid my Mom has to drive me to the DMV. I had to borrow the Driver's Ed. book from my little brother so I could study last night. I had to review the hand signals, how far I can park from a fire station, and the legal Blood Alcohol Content- no one remembers all that stuff! So the moral of the story is- take out your license and check the date so you don't have to feel like a 16 year old all over again.

6 comments:

sara said...

Ha ha! Thats hilarious! It takes me back to my drivers ed days in good old Gunnison. I can still hear Mr. Roberts as he shut his eyes for a quick nap, "You're a farm girl right? You know what you're doing." Secretly terrified of driving since the riding lawn mower wreck of 1999, I somehow managed to pull a license. Good luck!

~H said...

I love it! That is super funny! I think I'll go check mine right now in fact! :) Good luck on your test! Let us know how it goes! :)

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Oh my!! Good luck with the test!! :-)
-Mandy

da Silva Family said...

I have to get an Illinois license and have to take the test too...I'm not looking forward to it!! Hope the test wasn't too hard

Mike said...

I like the last part as it seems that most women would love to feel like they were 16 again ha ha ha. Good luck on the test.

jhoopes said...

Okay, that is so stinkin hilarious!!!! Made me totally laugh!!!! :) Thanks for sharing.