Saturday, August 28, 2010

Precious Moments

So the other night I had a little breakdown. I have always felt I had a poor memory, but it never bothered me much. I can tell you silly little details from Harry Potter, but I can't remember anything from our family vacation to Hawaii 3 years ago. Last week I was talking to a woman with a 7 week old little girl and I just couldn't remember what it was like when Reese was that small. I couldn't remember anything about it! She is only 5 months old, how can I not remember? I cried about it a bit and then my sweet husband started reminding me of things; telling me stories and helping me remember. I left the experience with a renewed desire to keep a good journal and take lots of pictures. So today I want to remember:

Reese curls her toes constantly- it makes it so hard to put shoes on her. 
She sleeps on her tummy now and wakes up with red marks and sleep creases all over her face.  
When I hold her, she likes to open and close her hand in the hair at the base of my neck. 
Spence can't talk to her when she's eating because she just grins at him and milk runs down her chin. 
When I sign the word 'book' to her, she kicks her legs and waves her arms because she is so excited. 
If she is fussy, she quiets right down when we sing "Open and Shut Them".
Being outside is her favorite- she sits so quietly and observes everything. She loves God's creations.
When Spencer gets home from work, she gives him the biggest smile and can't take her eyes off him.
We can't keep socks on her- she kicks so much and rubs her feet together until they come off.   
She grabs your face when you hold her close.
She loves her Exercauser and Jumper- she wants to stand up all the time.
Reese keeps her arms straight all the time- it's like she wants to take flight.
She did not like it when Daddy tried to feed her peas.
She rolls all around her crib when she is trying to fall asleep. We usually have to reposition her.   
When you hold her in your lap, she has started to arch her neck to look up at you- I love that.   
Her smiles are free, but it takes a little work to get her to laugh.
You can tell she is smart just by looking at her- she thinks with her face.
 She brings me more joy than I ever thought possible.   

 




1 comment:

jhoopes said...

Oh that is so sweet. It is hard to remember-even things you think you couldn't ever forget!! You will love looking back on these endearing things and remember what it was like when Reese was 5 months old--and so will she!! :)