Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Spencer is 29!

Actually, he is 29 years and 1 day old- his birthday was yesterday. September 21st has to be my favorite day of the year. Spencer does SO much for me, it's nice to have a reason to focus completely on him. We had a nice dinner and dessert yesterday and he opened his presents from me and Reese. Then tonight we had a special dinner with my family. For dessert he wanted home made ice cream, so we each made our own ice cream in a bag. It was fun, but pretty messy. Since you can't stick a candle in a bag of ice cream, I made him hold it while we sang to him.



This year the theme for his birthday was "Choose Your Own Adventure." Do you remember those books? They give you two choices and then depending on what you choose you go to a different page, so the story can be different every time. Well I made him a "Choose Your Own Birthday Adventure" book. It was so fun to read the book with him and have him choose where we would go, where we would eat, what we would have for dessert. Most of the stuff won't be happening until Saturday, so stay tuned to find out how the adventure ends.

Happy birthday to my Spencer- my best friend in the whole world and the only person I could even imagine spending eternity with. I love you infinity!

2 comments:

da Silva Family said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!!! Hope you had a great day!

jhoopes said...

Great people are born in September. I love your tradition of having a theme for birthdays! How cool. I want to hear how your adventure turns out! FUN!!