Friday, November 5, 2010

Harry Potter Exhibit

I'm sure you are all sick of reading about how much I love Harry Potter, but tonight Spence and I and my parents went to the HP exhibit at the Pacific Science Center. It was awesome. I got to pull a Mandrake out of a pot, shoot a Quaffel through a hoop and hold Hermione's wand (in the gift shop... but still!) They had costumes from the movies as well as props and set pieces. They even had some props from HP 7 that is coming out NEXT WEEK! We saw the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and a decoy detonator (I hope that means something to some of you.) Pictures were strictly forbidden, but I never obey that rule (I took pictures in the Louvre for crying out loud.) So they are not the best quality because I was being sneaky, but hopefully at least some of you think they are cool.

 These are Quidditch robes. From the left: an Irish uniform from the Quidditch World Cup, Ron Weasley's robes, Madame Hooch's robes, Harry Potter's Quidditch robes, and Viktor Krum's World Cup robes
 More Quidditch stuff- the trunk of balls and souvenir items from the Quidditch World Cup
 A very blurry Dad and Reese outside the great hall where all the Educational Decrees were posted
 A poster depicting "Undesireable #1"
Me and Spence in the gift shop- doesn't he looked thrilled to be taking this picture? I am holding Hermione's wand and he has Harry's. Then the security guard came and yelled at me :)


It was really super fun and if you were thinking about going, you should. They have an optional audio tour with extra info about the sets and the production. I think they said it cost an added $5, we didn't do it but I'm sure it was neat. I can't wait till the 19th for HP 7. It's going to be so good!

2 comments:

sara said...

First of all, you know I love HP and I am glad that we can still be excited about it together even though we are above the age 13. And second I am impressed you took pictures at a forbidden place. I can't stand to be yelled out and so I would probably wuss out. I need to take a lesson from rebel Amy.

Kristi said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! Either I am sooo dense or I completely erased from my memory that you guys had a blog. But I now have it permanently etched into my brain so I can't forget again. It looks like you are doing good, and Reese is growing up SO CUTE!!!!! We miss you lots and think of you often!!!! Love ya!