Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Sweet Taste of Victory

So as we all know, having a baby changes your body... FOREVER! Well a few months ago Spence and I decided to set some goals to help us get in shape for our vacation. I don't like to set goals based solely on weight because I feel like it fluctuates so much. Also, my action plan included a fair amount of weight lifting, and muscle weighs more than fat, right? So I had a size- a pants size that I wanted to fit into before we left. Well last night we went to the mall and guess what... they fit! Not only did they fit, but they were comfortable and they looked good. And, there was actually one pair of pants that was even one size smaller that fit (I think they may have been miss marked but hey, I'll take it!) It is so nice when you work hard and it pays off. What have I been doing? P90X. I am not as crazy as they want you to be, but it's working for me and I kick my own trash every time I work out. I also did a little of this but not a lot because I hate it. I have done the full blown diet once before and it worked awesome but I was so miserable. I like to eat. Which leads me to my next thought... what does victory taste like?



It tastes like these- mellowcreme pumpkins. I love them so much. Each year I buy one bag and it has to last me all of autumn. Spencer hates them so I get them all to myself. Every morning after breakfast I count out 5 and that is my allotment for the day. They are delicious and totally worth the sugar. Yummy!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

ok, I think that is the cutest thing. 5 little pumpkins sitting there ready to be eaten. I can just imagine you getting excited to eat your next pumpkin. You are looking great Amy! Good job!

ps, Madison LOVES you guys too! And "Reece-y"

Jodee said...

oops, I meant ReeSe- sorry!