Friday, December 3, 2010

Reese is 8 months old (actually, 8 and a half)


 So I wrote this post 2 weeks ago and forgot to finish it- but better late then never. I know I sound like a broken record but I can't believe my baby is 8 months old! We were gone for a week on 'vacation' and when we got home she was bigger. Not only was she bigger but she is definitely mobile now. She was tentatively crawling when we left but now she is all over the place. She sits her self up, lays her self down, rolls, crawls and sits up again.
 A typical view of her crawling away


I can't even tell you how much I missed her while we were gone. I think if we had been having more fun, it wouldn't have been as bad. I actually cried when we saw her I was so happy. She has 4 teeth on top and still just the two on the bottom. She wants to eat everything- EVERYTHING! It doesn't matter if it's crunchy, spicy, cold or sweet. She especially loves her munch bag (I don't know what it's really called, but it's a mesh bag with a plastic handle. You put fruit bits in it or whatever and she can chew on them without the risk of choking.) She loves it, and actually gets a little possessive when you try to take it away. Her favorite treat in there are orange slices. Unfortunately, it makes quite a mess so we have to use our poncho bibs (thanks to Drew and Kristi Clark for those!)

She loves watching Elmo's World and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She loves music- when I turn the Ipod on she just looks at the speaker for a while and smiles. She is starting to laugh a lot more. She likes playing peek-a-boo type games. Spence likes to do it while I'm holding her and then she laughs and flails her arms, usually smacking me in the face but I don't mind. She is getting a little snugglier- she will at least lean into you a bit. She is getting close to waving. She won't raise her hand up, but she opens and closes her fingers. She is still doing great recognizing her signs. She has started making a 'vee' sound which is so cute. She just gabs all the time. She gets really silly and extra fun about an hour before bed time and that is the best time of day because all three of us just have such a hoot together. We love her so much and can't imagine life without our little babe.

2 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Happy 8 months (a little late)!! She's such a doll! We miss you guys!

Carly said...

Oh, those munch bags! We tried them...and tried them...and tried them with Dax, but we could never get him to chew on the right side of them. Apparently he was teething and liked the hard handle more than the food in the bag.....