Monday, January 24, 2011

January stinks

So I have decided that January is the lamest month of the year. Nothing left to look forward to now that Christmas and New Year's are over. It's cold and wet and where I live, it looks like this:

 Gray. All day. Every day.

I lived in Seattle for a while growing up and I didn't think it would bother me when we moved back but I am struggling. I need one of those UV happy lamps or something. I tell Spence every day that I wish tanning didn't give you cancer so I could go and get some vitamin D and some warmth (not to mention some color on my totally pastey legs.) I'll live through it- but this has definitely solidified my desire to go to grad school somewhere sunny and warm- Arizona, Texas, Florida, Hawaii.

1 comment:

sara said...

But do you remember life in Logan with its inversions and nasty air? I weighed my odds and decided I needed to go tanning. Two times a month during this depressing weather hopefully won't do too much damage. I won't lie, it felt good.