Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I can't believe it but this is our 6th Valentine's Day together. Actually, 2-14-2006 was our second date. I remember being so nervous because we were still getting to know each other. I didn't want Spencer to feel obligated or weird. But he took me out to the Blue Bird and we went back to his place to watch a movie. He gave me a card with a picture of a donkey on it that said something funny. I still have it somewhere. Everything was new and exciting- the way it is at the beginning of a relationship. Since our first date we have hardly gone more than a few days without seeing each other (except that first summer when I went home.) I think about the day we met, when he called to ask me out, our first date, our first kiss and I can remember so much about how I felt and how much I just enjoying being with him. It was definitely different and better then anything else I had ever felt and I knew from the beginning that it was different. Now, 5 years later, I still consider myself so lucky to have married that first date. It was my last first date, but I have never once been sad about that. Now I have the best partner in the world to share all the rest of my 'firsts' with. Including this one:

Reese is the second love of my life- Spencer's too. She makes me smile and laugh everyday. She has brought back that sense of newness because every day with her is new. She is learning and growing and changing. Our love for each other has grown through her and she makes both Spence and I better people.

So Happy Valentine's Day to all of you and especially to my two Valentines- I love you both!

No comments: